Saturday, 28 March 2015
Tuesday, 24 March 2015
In the late Neolithic Age, human beings built what we can call the first monuments using big blocks of stone, called megaliths (Big stones). The main monuments were menhirs, dolmens and cromlechs.
Menhirs were big, long stones vertically driven into the ground. Menhirs were probably religious constructions dedicated to worship the sun.
Dolmens were collective burial places. They were composed of big, long vertical stones which formed a wall and were covered by several horizontal slabs of a great size.
Cromlechs were wide circles formed by several menhirs. They were probably used as sanctuaries
Thursday, 19 March 2015
Tuesday, 3 March 2015
Fill the physical map with the names of physical relief (mountains, river....). Identify the main cities and to do the answers. You can put colour in the mountainous regions.
- Where is Castilla y León?
- Which are the mountains between Castilla y León and the sea in north of Spain?
- Which is the longest river in Castilla y León? and their tributaries?
- What is the name of the highest mountain in Castilla y León? How high is it? Where is it?
- What types of climates are there in Castilla y León?
- What is the wettest part of Castilla y león? Why?
- What are the climates and the lanscapes in your region? Write a short descripcion
- Write the name of the mountain ranges which are surrounding Castilla y Leon.