Today's weather forecast map for EuropeMetereologits make weather maps with data sent by satellites. A weather map usually includes information about atmospheric pressure at sea level.
- Isobars are the lines connecting points of equal pressure
- The H indicates high pressure
- The L indicates low pressure
- Fronts are drawn with jagged line
- Wind sometimes are represented by arrow.
- The closer the isobars are to each other, the stronger the wind are.
Explain what the following represent.
- The lines
- the letters H and L
- The jagged lines
- In hight pressure areas
- In low pressure areas
- In areas affected by a front