MESOPOTAMIA: THE DAWN OF CIVILIZATION
Mesopotamia is one of the world’s earliest
civilizations. Please use the Mesopotamia unit in your book to answer the following questions o use this link.
1. It is located between two rivers, the _________________________
and the ______________________________________.
2. The area that became Mesopotamia was known as the
3. How did the residents control flooding?
4. What was the name of the first region to develop in Mesopotamia?
5. Name two things the Sumerians invented:
(1) ____________________________ (2) ______________________
6. What was their system of writing called?
7. What materials were used to write?
8. What is the name of the earliest story ever written?
9. How many cuneiform tablets were used to tell his story?
10. What groups of people made up this city’s social classes:
a) __________________, b) ___________________, c) ___________________, d) __________________, and e) _______________________.
11. Trading goods and services without money is called: _______________________.
12. The most important building in Sumer was its temple called a: __________________, where priests led religious life